how can the NEX auto-focus miss these shots?

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
blue_skies
Senior MemberPosts: 7,142Gear list
Like?
Re: how can the NEX auto-focus miss these shots?
In reply to telefunk, 8 months ago

telefunk wrote:

This happened to me so often I got rid of the Nex3N. The Nex7 seems to be slightly more accurate, but even on center or spot, it will sometimes focus on the foreground in a landscape (see comparison). I don't want to always be second guessing what the camera is going to do wrong!

It's a problem you read a lot of people complaining about on Amazon reviews. Maybe the A6000 will nail it, because of the new processor and a smarter algorithm.

Neah - the A6000 will not solve aperture (DOF, or lack thereof) and FL choices for you.

Of course, that's what the EVF can be used for - after a shot like this you can easily see that you have the settings wrong. Matching the LX5 shot (focus/DOF) is not hard to do, but you have to know what you are doing.

Now the inverse - creamy backgrounds - are easier to achieve with the A6000. This will be a selling point, I am sure, especially when mated to the E35/1.8 OSS lens. Same for low light and indoors shots...

My Panasonic LX5 hardly ever have this problem (see below)....

Nex 7

LX 5

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
Henry

blue_skies's gear list:blue_skies's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony Alpha 7 Sony a6000 +30 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow