ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Fb87
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Advice on lens
5 months ago

Hi everyone,

I've gotten a lot of help from reading these forums but I need some advice on picking a lens.

I have a Canon ESO SL1 (APS-C)

I currently have two lenses for it:

1. Canon Pancake 40mm f2.8

2. Sigma 18-250 (sorry cannot remember all the details now, but the newest version)

After taking my first big trip with the camera, I'm not real happy with my choices. I found the 40mm lens (although neat and portable) to be nearly worthless to me because I wanted to take a lot of landscape/scenery pictures and the field of view was just too narrow.

The sigma 18-250 worked quite well but I learned that I really have no use for any zoom above 100mm and further, I would really really prefer something with a wider angle than 18mm.

So I've started looking at my options. Ideally I think I'd want something 12mm-90mm but it doesn't look like such a lens exists. Can anyone give me any suggestions please?

The closest I have found is the canon 15-85 and think I would be happy with it, but after reading on here it sounds like it is hard to justify the price of it (500ish used?). I've also seen several lenses with 17-~50ish but I don't think 17 is going to be wide enough to justify paying the premium over the 18-55 kit lens.

Anyways, am I missing anything? Would really appreciate any advice!

Canon EOS 100D (EOS Rebel SL1)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow