Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
shaunly
Contributing MemberPosts: 517
Like?
Re: Nikon D800E or Canon 5d Mark 3 ?!
In reply to PaulW1978, 10 months ago

PaulW1978 wrote:

In the science and practice of "Influence", there is the principle of "Social Proof". This principle states that we determine what is correct by finding out what other people think is correct. Corporations use the principle of Social Proof very effectrively to sell products.

That being said, I think over at least the past 10-15 years, Canon has done a far superior job compared to Nikon to get Canon cameras in the hands of a substantial portion of the influential photographers in the country. Every professional sport is dominated by Canon gear. Why do you think, years ago all their big lenses turned WHITE?" So millions of people would SEE and KNOW that it was a Canon camera being used.

I believe BOTH cameras are probably comparable excellent. Most people who shoot one or the other will LOVE what they shoot. and the few who have shot both brands have done so because the first brand somehow disappointed them.

I shoot a D800 and I absolutely love it. My Nikon glass is much older than the D800, and it's that investment in the glass that will keep me in the Nikon family. I have never shot a Canon, so I can't give any objective comparison, other than Canon blows Nikon away in long-term effective MARKETING strategy.

One of the most honest and accurate answer I've read in a long time.

The fact is, both company produces products well capable of what it's intended for. People can compare differences under a microscope all day but it really comes down to preferences. Just because 50 pros uses brand A vs 30 pros uses brand B doesn't one "better". Canon just does a much better job at marketing overall thus driving much higher sales.

BTW, the Canon 5Dmk2 is probably THE most popular wedding camera of ALL time and both of the current (5Dmk3 and D800) camera are much better in every way. If you're having a hard time getting "the shot" then either A, the camera's ergonomics aren't for you or B, you need to learn how to shoot.

Good luck.

Shaun

-- hide signature --

flickr.com/shaunly
arrowGTP.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow