Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
edddy101
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Dilemma: Zeiss FE 35mm AND 55mm
5 months ago

Since I've purchased my Sony A7 along with the FE 35mm lens, I've always found myself wanting more DOF and more low light capabilities. I mainly shoot street and wide portraits so the 35mm has been perfect however there have been a few situations where I've wanted more control over DOF and better low light shots (not a completely big issue otherwise I would get it in an instant). The only other lens available at this time that can do this (without the need for adapters or cropping) is the 55mm FE lens.

I've come across a deal on the 55mm FE however I wanted to hear some feedback from users who have both lenses. Preferably from someone who prefers the 35mm focal length over 55mm (otherwise the 55mm would be an easy pick). Feedback that would help would include: how often you find yourself using it (over the 35mm)? do you find yourself leaving it behind a lot? are you happy with it or would you have rather saved your money for future lenses? have you grown to like it more than the 35mm? In which situations have you needed the 55mm over

At the moment I am leaning towards saving my money and waiting for the march/april announcement and hoping that there will be a macro/wide angle lens to purchase instead (and get a faster 30-50mm way down the track - which they will hopefully release) as this isn't such a big issue for me - well not at the moment anyway but some users may change my opinion.

Thanks!

Eddy

edddy101's gear list:edddy101's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS
Sony Alpha 7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow