Thoughts on X-T1 ... manual ISO dial easy enough to operate?

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
deednets
Senior MemberPosts: 2,362Gear list
Like?
Thoughts on X-T1 ... manual ISO dial easy enough to operate?
10 months ago

I will certainly be in the market for an X-T1 at some stage, but when I went to the Chinese Lantern Festival last night I noticed one thing that I wouldn't want to have on the X-T1. Sadly one that would be very hard to remove: The manual ISO control!

Maybe it is just me, but I actually really, really like the way this is implemented in the FN button. I went to the lantern festival last night and found that most functions I can manage without the need of a torch or glasses, very intuitive, except one thing: I changed the ISO a lot, am not a big fan of AUTO ISO, but am happy to change this manually when the shutter speeds go south.

So i was thinking that maybe this is the one big thing that I would not like on the X-T1, apart from the prism (yeah, right...) nob.

Any of you who have actually used the X-T1 find it as easy to operate, say in darkness?

All photos below taken with the 35/1.4 because I forgot the 23 ... duh ...

Deed

deednets's gear list:deednets's gear list
Phase One Capture One Pro Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +2 more
Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow