Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
g_r_w
Regular MemberPosts: 385
Like?
Re: Panasonic lenses don't work well on Olympus cameras
In reply to sigala1, 9 months ago

sigala1 wrote:

dgrogers wrote:

Robin Wong has compared the Panny 25mm 1.4 to the Olympus 25mm 1.8.

http://robinwong.blogspot.it/2014/02/olympus-mzuiko-25mm-f18-lens-review.html

There are some interesting points. First, the Panasonic required a slower shutter speed at the same aperture, meaning there may be a difference in the way Olympus measures their f/stop and the way Panasonic does.

There seems to be very little difference in background blur, but there is a hair more with the Panasonic.

The Olympus lens was sharper at times, but not all the time. The Olympus lens did have better corner sharpness.

After reading this, I would choose whichever lens was cheaper, though you should note the Olympus lens is smaller and lighter.

The Olympus will work better on Olympus bodies if CA is a concern. It may be the reverse on Panasonic bodies.

-- hide signature --

Completely infatuated with the "OMG"

This review demonstrates the points of made before on this forum (but usually people just get mad at me when I make these points).

Panasonic lenses do NOT work as well on Olympus cameras as they do on Panasonic cameras.

I'm noticing that the contentious issue is also the reported mis-focus of the PL25.

I always wonder whether issues like mis-focus relate to body-lens mismatches i.e. Pany lens on Oly body or vice versa. Theoretically, it shouldn't be an issue because we're talking about a standard, but reality tends to be different.

Anecdotally, I would say I have had mis-focus issues with my PL25 on my E-M5 than other lenses, but I also use it in those conditions because they will be challenging. This is not brand bias either, I own 2 Oly lenses and 8 Pany lenses.

Heard the same thing before about the purple spot issues on the 7-14 with the E-M5 and all the Pany body owners saying that it didn't exist.

I'm guessing that both manufacturers spend a significantly greater amount of time testing their own lenses on their own bodies than that of their partner("competitor") companies.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MIJNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow