Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
calterg
Regular MemberPosts: 449
Like?
Re: Your assistance would be greatly appreciated
In reply to Veducci, 7 months ago

To add to others comments, the kitlenses are the sharpest I have seen on any apsc and four thirds system cameras.

I have olympus, nex 6 (my 1650 kitlens is a good copy, yet blown away by m 1855), nikon 3 and 5 series, nikon 1, all with kitlenses.

So, yes, there is no kit camera like the m for iq.

Here is pict from m 1855 at 18mm end, where its considered soft and on a hazy day.

Veducci wrote:

I get the feeling the OP isn`t quite satisfied with IQ from his LX7. Neither was I . The LX7 has just about everything anyone would ask for in a small package , except IQ.

Sure , in good light it performs well but so doesn`t the $150 Canon Elph with an even smaller sensor . Most any decent P&S these days produces good imagery in good light .

Ultimately , IQ has to be considered and the M is as good as it gets outside of a high end dslr. The 18-55 kit lens with the M is just excellent and the probably the sharpest kit lens available with any camera in any kit. The 22mm f/2 prime is maybe even sharper if that`s possible , and it makes the M pocketable.

And you won`t be using flash too often with the M. The much cleaner high ISO`s more than cancels out the faster lens in the LX7.

It`s all in the sensor and lens and the M doesn`t disappoint.

The LX7 AF is quicker than the M in good light but not in low light . My M is more accurate in low light than my LX7.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow