Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
averacpa
Forum MemberPosts: 53
Like?
Panasonic 100-300mm images
5 months ago

I have read where the Panasonic 100-300 lens was not sharp or does not take good images, well I beg to differ. The attached photos are my first test shots at a local wildlife sanctuary. I was also getting practice with my new EM-1. Still need a lot more practice to get a smooth flowing workflow (too many buttons and options). Also tried an off-camera Canon flash fired with a wireless device (tried different power settings down to as low as 1/64). As for the lens, my shots went the entire lens range with most shots in the 200-300mm side. A little bit of Lightroom 5 adjustments and sharpening. All images were cropped. Shot in raw.  Not the best day to take pictures as it was very bright outside, no clouds.  Time was about noon.

shot at 100mm

shot at 150mm

shot at 210mm f 5.6, ISO 200 1/800

shot at 300mm same f-stop, iso and shutter speed

shot at 240mm. These turtles hold their body positions for a very very long time.

shot at 300mm

Not a great shot, flash too strong, but at a ISO 250 100mm f /5.6 1/250 it does show the relative depth of field is fairly shallow as the foreground turtle is blurry

shot at 228. Note I shot through wire mesh, the same wire mesd as in the background. Doesn't show up

shot at 228mm with flash. I think the flash is better for more distant subjects. I was way too close, about 10 feet.

shot at 228mm

shot at 228mm

okay this is 45mm f1.8 lens, subject about 6-7 feet away. The 100-300 was too long.

shot with the 45mm lens

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow