LX7/LVF2 ?

Started 10 months ago | Questions thread
Cyril Catt
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,227
Like?
Re: LVF2 stabilization
In reply to teddoman, 10 months ago

tedandtricia wrote: I just joined the LVF2 crowd too. Being able to stabilize the camera against your face really helps to get more stable shots. Adds stability to an already stabilized lens. I snapped a few test shots at night under street lights w/o even really trying that hard and was impressed with how sharp the photos came out.

I'm not wedded to the visual angle of using a viewfinder per se, but I love the extra stabilization. Opens up more low light options for me. -- Ted http://www.flickr.com/photos/tedchang/

Agreed, Ted. I seem to take a lot of handheld photos in dimly lit buildings - churches, mosques, museums, etc - where flash is not permitted, would be lost in the vast space, or would be rudely intrusive.

The alternative to eye-level composing is a small tabletop tripod  to steady the camera against any firm item - wall, lamppost, tree, or at a pinch, against sternum and top ribs. Although useful for longer exposures or HDR, that is not as convenient as using the LVF2.

-- hide signature --

Cyril

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow