Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
konanon
Junior MemberPosts: 25Gear list
Like?
K-3 Weird Behavior
7 months ago

I was shooting in -11c weather today, clear sunny skies. I was in aperture mode with my 20-40 limited, in single frame mode. I had thick gloves on so I'm not sure which button triggered this (and it wasn't pressing the shutter button) but all of the sudden (after being out there for 30 minutes or so), the shutter started firing shots as if the camera was in H continuous mode. There was no way to stop this. I tried pressing the shutter button and a few other buttons but the shutter just kept going. Finally, after pressing the button that switches between SD cards (blue 1 2 button), the shutter finally stopped. I'm pretty sure that's the one that stopped this.

The weird thing about this event; the camera did not record any images while this happened. I'd say this went on for a good 8 seconds. I was out there for another 30-45 minutes and did not experience this again.

I applied the latest firmware this week and didn't notice any issues. I was at a house party last night taking several pictures and did not experience this. The camera is only a month old so I'm not sure if I should have Ricoh take a look at it. At the very least, I may give them a call and get their opinion on this. The images I captured today were all excellent so this behavior did not affect image quality. The camera and lens were cold but I've had them out in colder weather and never experienced this phenomenon before.

So, has anyone experienced this and what's your take on what could have triggered the shutter to go non-stop for 8 or so seconds, without recording any images?

konanon's gear list:konanon's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 50mm F1.8 HD Pentax-DA 20-40mm F2.8-4 ED Limited DC WR
Pentax K-3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow