Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,442Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!
In reply to locke_fc, 7 months ago

locke_fc wrote:

grcolts wrote:

I just came from the special Fuji XT-1 camera site and reviewed the specs and other things Fuji has included in their new WR camera. What I saw is impressive, especially with the multi-view finder and tilt-out screen. Did I mention it was WR too? Apparently, Fuji is coming out with three new WR lens to go with the camera. Of course, I have not actually handled one yet as they are too new and not yet available in local photo stores. Anyway, Fuji is doing some innovative things I wish Pentax/Ricoh would start to do too. Used to be Pentax was the about the only game in town offering WR but now they have strong competition. I see this camera taking away Pentax sales in the near future. Am I the only one who feels Pentax needs to up their game?

Here is the website for the new Fuji. I think you will find it impressive.

http://fujifilm-x.com/x-t1/en/

GR

You're not the only one, but this forum is the wrong place to say so. Everything's fine and dandy in Pentax-land, as the usual suspects have already told you.

Yes, it is - because we can buy Pentax products from Pentax (Ricoh Imaging, now) and Fuji products from Fuji. There are also Canon products to be bought from Canon, Nikon products to be bought from Nikon, Olympus products from Olympus and so on - by some miraculous coincidence which happens to work pretty well.

We quite like this, it's neat and consistent. We wouldn't like to have to think "hey, I want a Fuji product... can I buy it from Pentax, or was it Nikon this week?"

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow