Why no lens uniformity?

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
thomasw333
Regular MemberPosts: 447Gear list
Like?
Re: Wow...did high schools actually stop teaching physics?
In reply to Corkcampbell, 7 months ago

Corkcampbell wrote:

thomasw333 wrote:

I personally want all of the Prime lenses to be metal bodies with the same filter size, and the manual focus snap ring.

-- hide signature --

"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber

You provide nothing with your statement. Basically you know nothing and have nothing good to add to the world. I know that Olympus would not be able to make the filter size the same for all lenses, unless they had a very large size, as in unnecessarily large for some lenses front element. It does not take an adequately intelligent person to make some inferences from my statements. But if a person would use a tiny bit of logic, they could still see the validity of my post, in that it would be nice for some lens uniformity. Some lens "lines" that people could read and understand what level lens they are buying.

And I do not really care about the metal bodies, actually I want plastic bodies, or at least the front end of the lens to be plastic so we could use simple bayonet mount lens hoods. I do not care about the manual focus rings either. But I put that in the thread to hopefully drum up some more responses.

-- hide signature --

Lets promote calm rational arguments.

thomasw333's gear list:thomasw333's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 17mm 1:1.8
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow