ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jbarton
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
Anyone switch from FX to DX? And Why?
2 months ago

I own a D600 but am thinking of moving to a D7100, for three main reasons:

The AF points of the D7100 cover the whole frame, rather than the borrowed D7000 AF points in the D600, and:

The D7100 shoots up to 1/8000th of a second, whereas the D600 tops out at 1/4000th (I've run into this barrier before, shooting outdoor portraits), and:

I feel as though I got ahead of myself in terms of cost in getting the D600 and now am left with not much room to buy lenses (I'm a student). I have a 50mm 1.4g (which is great) and a 28-300mm which I had before I bought the D600.

Other than low light capabilities which is a big bonus of full frame, I'm wondering if the advantage of full frame would only benefit me if I could afford a higher end model with uncompromised features and most importantly, good lenses to go with it.

So, I'm considering selling my D600 + 28-300mm to fund a D7100 + standard zoom and aim have money left over.

Opinions on whether I should stick with my D600 and wait till I can afford better glass, or sell and move to DX? Does anyone have stories to share on a similar type of switch?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D600 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow