Misinformation about m4/3

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
jeffharris
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,347Gear list
Like?
Re: Well, a lot of m4/3 users are misinformed at times too.
In reply to thorn-, 5 months ago

thorn- wrote:

I've seen many m4/3 users state something along the lines of "a 20mm on m4/3 is the same as 40mm on FF" - except, this isn't completely true.

Sure. it may not be 100% technically accurate, but it's close enough and gets the concept across.

I can't tell you how many times I've tried to explain some technical thing to someone… Macs, music, bikes, photo stuff, whatever… and watch how QUICKLY their eyes glaze over and their interest evaporates.

So, I've found that a quick answer that gets the point across is better than going into some longwindedly accurate explanation that they really have no interest in hearing. If they're truly interested, they'll ask for more info. Usually, they won't and the quick answer was good enough… for BOTH of us!

jeffharris's gear list:jeffharris's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 42.5mm F0.95 Voigtlander Nokton 17.5mm F0.95 Aspherical +24 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow