Your assistance would be greatly appreciated

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
Re: Your assistance would be greatly appreciated
In reply to Gesture, 9 months ago

Gesture wrote:

I would think that Olympus E-PM2 with kit lens would be worth looking at. Many of the conveniences of the LX7 and the lens will focus quite closely. But, yes, you can spend a lifetime and not exhaust the possibilities of the LX7.

Gesture,

Two posters and very good photographers on the Panasonic board told me quite clearly that while they love their 4/3 Oly and Pana cameras (with several primes), but they find the kit lenses quite poor, and both favored the LX7 with it's sharper lens and brighter apertures.

It sure seems that to get significantly better IQ than the LX7 in a variety of circumstances you need a large sensor camera and good prime lenses, so even the best bargains in 4/3 and Nex cameras available now end up costing $1000 or more when you add just a couple of primes.

Big difference in my mind compared to the $300 for the LX7 and its ability to shoot from 22mm (in 16/9 format) up to 90mm. And it fits in a large pocket and you don't have to change lenses.

Regards,

J

joel artino's gear list:joel artino's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS20 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Fujifilm X-A1
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow