If it wasn't Sony...

Started 10 months ago | Polls thread
Godfrey
Forum ProPosts: 27,625
Like?
Re: If it wasn't Sony...
In reply to tesilab, 10 months ago

The Sony A7 is my second system, dedicated to use of Leica R lenses. The A7 has a great viewfinder, an excellent sensor, and turns out to be a very compatible match to all my R and Nikkor lenses. The body's controls are a bit clunky and the menus are a mess, but it has just enough customization to let me set it up the way I want the controls to work, and once that's done, the controls are just ergonomic enough to be usable. I wish they'd hire a photographer for their design team.

My primary system is Olympus/Panasonic Micro-FourThirds. I have a nice kit of superb Olympus and Panasonic, Panasonic-Leica lenses for it.

Your reasons for choosing Olympus in the poll are snarky nonsense, the reason to use the Olympus E-M1 and be in the Micro-FourThirds system are the excellent sensor, the excellent ergonomics, the fast and fluid controls, the quiet shutter, the excellent viewfinder, the huge range of excellent lenses, and the fast, responsive operation.

I use the A7 as a semi-manual camera because it's the best way to use my beloved Leica R lenses. I don't trust Sony to stay focused on any one system long enough to deliver a complete, high quality lens line. They've been failing on that mark for some time now.

-- hide signature --
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow