Steven Wandy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,927Gear list
Like?
Re: Something to consider...
In reply to exdeejjjaaaa, 10 months ago

exdeejjjaaaa wrote:

Nemo0815 wrote:

Robin Wong, after all.

he is Olympus employee after all, so he can't be 100% impartial (that does not mean that PL25/1.4 is better - that means he can't do a more precise testing... for example compare Nikon 85/1.4 vs Nikon 85/1.8 - there are many points where 1.8 scores better... and those 2 were not designed to compete - while O25/1.8 was vs PL25/1.4).

And he never says he does "precise testing", his "testing" has always been from a shooter's point of view. I don't think it means "that he can't do a more precise testing".

Additionally, he was not comparing 85mm lenses - he was talking about 50mm lenses and going WAY back for me to film day, a particular brand's 50mm 1.4 was generally built better and probably round twice as expensive as it's 1.8 lens. (Just as a 1.2 lens was always more expensive than a 1.4 lens.)

I am not sure if the same hold true for longer lenses - or for all focal lengths in general.

Steven Wandy's gear list:Steven Wandy's gear list
Olympus Stylus 1 Olympus PEN E-PL1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MIJNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow