With the world’s fastest autofocus system (A6000)

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,772Gear list
Like?
Re: Gary: with all due amazements for the previous OSPDAF...
In reply to jpr2, 5 months ago

jpr2 wrote:

GaryW wrote:

seachicken2000 wrote:

...I tried an A7r with the Zeiss 55mm under the same conditions. Night and day difference; the A6000 was way faster, which is a shame really because the A7r will be what I upgrade my NEX-7 to. Hopefully this lightening fast AF will make it to the FF bodies in a generation or two.

You might look at the A7 if you want an improvement today. The A7r doesn't have the PDAF/Hybrid AF, so I wouldn't expect it to have the same AF speed.

...implementations from Sony in N6/5R/5T, RX-1, or A7... there is a [slowly] growing body of evidence that the a6k might be in a different league AF-wise = a class of its own, perhaps with Fuji's XT-1 in hot pursuit - at least when it concerns larger-sensored MILCs !!

Sure, but Seachicken was complaining about the A7r, and it seems to me that if one is in the market for an A7r suggesting an A7 makes more sense than an A6000.  But, if AF is your most important criteria over sensor size, sure, look at the A6000 first....

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow