Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
DerekWillmott
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Mirrorless optimized for viewfinder use
8 months ago

Having grown up shooting with an SLR, I find using a good viewfinder much more satisfying than a rear LCD screen. With the VF, I feel like I'm looking at the scene through a lens, with the addition of some useful setting information. With the LCD, I feel like I'm looking at my camera, which happens to have an image on the back - very disconnecting from the real world in front of it. Also, in bright light the LCD is not very visible. Do others find this difference? Do any DSLR users primarily shoot looking at the LCD?

Curious then to me that there seem to be no smaller or pocketable mirrorless or enthusiast fixed-lens cameras that are optimized for viewfinder use. I would be happy with a low-res or even BW LCD displaying only setting information if a big bright EVF was the primary viewing tool. The components are all out there to produce a very compact camera with a large EVF at the expense of LCD screen size. Am I the only one with this desire? Post your thoughts or just your thumbs up if, like me, you'd like to encourage the manufacturers in this direction.

Cheers,

Derek

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow