Interesting read by Thom Hogan

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
GaryW
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,772Gear list
Like?
I'm not getting a DSLR!
In reply to justmeMN, 5 months ago

justmeMN wrote:

Do you trust that, five years from now, your chosen brand will still be making digital cameras?

Even if I didn't, what do you want me to do?  Buy a camera from another brand that may still be making digital cameras but not the ones I want?  As someone else posted recently, where is the guarantee that Canon will continue making EOS-M?  Suddenly, Sony seems like the safe bet for mirrorless!

I guess if I knew someone was about to get out of the business, I'd avoid throwing a lot of money into a product (unless I had to have it and wanted to ensure I had it before it was gone!), but I just don't have any concern at the moment.

As the entire market contracts, the smaller players will be forced out of the market.

Not everyone needs to be forced out.  Perhaps Sony is in a good position to capitalize on the technology changes.  Why so negative?

Sony and Panasonic are megacorps, that can get along just fine without camera divisions. Olympus is a thriving medical technology company, that doesn't really need a camera division either.

They didn't need it, yet they built these divisions up.  Why not?

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

GaryW's gear list:GaryW's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow