The Sunday BIRD Volume 9 Issue 34 February 16, 2014

Started 9 months ago | Photos thread
Pete_CSCS
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,070Gear list
Like?
Yes thank you...
In reply to Richard Pavek, 9 months ago

Richard Pavek wrote:

I never used IS with my E-5 but with the M-1 with its electronic shutter, I noticed something. When I was trying to center on the image I wanted, the image jittered around a bit. (Not something you would see with the E-5's live viewfinder.) Anyway, with IS auto on I discovered that the image would lock instantly and there was no more jitter as I followed the bird.

So I have used it ever since,
Hope that helps.

Richard. ...

... that is helpful.  There is a lot to learn jumping from an E-500 to an E-M1 so I haven't fooled around with all the possible settings yet leaving IS on the first choice.  Since most of my subjects are static, IS-1 is probably the best setting to avoid camera shake when I'm shooting long, hand-held in dim light and perhaps don't want to crack up the ISO too much.  However, I want to improve my panning skills with BIF this year so that was why I was asking you.

Thanks again.

-- hide signature --

'When nothing seems to help, I go and look at a stonecutter hammering away at
his rock perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it.
Yet at the hundred and first blow it will split in two,
and I know it was not that blow that did it,
but all that had gone before.'
-- Jacob Riis (1849 - 1914)
Stay Well,
Pete K.

Pete_CSCS's gear list:Pete_CSCS's gear list
Kodak EasyShare Z612 Olympus E-500 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 +5 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow