ZS40/TZ60 vs the competition

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
Erik Ohlson
Forum ProPosts: 13,725
Like?
Re: ZS40/TZ60 vs the competition
In reply to MarioV, 9 months ago

MarioV wrote:

Nice work, Ian. Thanks for posting the specs comparison.

As an owner of a HX50, if the HX60 has similar IQ then its off the list. It has very nice video, but the IQ is too hit and miss (noise and smear).

The TZ60 has raw which is a big plus. I'm waiting to see more photo/video samples from it. The ones so far have been good. This could be the one.

I'm also interested in the SX700. If Canon has sorted out its battery life indicator issues in 1080p60 video, then its going to depend on its photo/video quality compared to TZ60.

For sheer pocketability, in any pocket, I'm also keeping an eye on the Sony WX350. There's every chance its IQ is going to be disappointing.. nice that it does 1080p60 video though.

Mario, I could be wrong ( !- ), but it almost sounds to me like you are shooting in some "auto" mode which stops your lens down to random sizes. "(noise and smear)"

Try shooting in "Aperture" mode if your camera has it, and keep the aperture at it's widest setting - stopping down with small-sensor cameras quickly gets into "smear" territory due to diffraction.

-- hide signature --

"Measure wealth not by things you have but by things for which you would not take money"
www.flickr.com/ohlsonmh/ ohlsonmh@yahoo.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow