If it wasn't Sony...

Started 7 months ago | Polls thread
Jefenator
Senior MemberPosts: 1,432Gear list
Like?
Re: If it wasn't Sony...
In reply to tesilab, 7 months ago

I had a long, happy run with Canon until I went mirrorless. A full-frame EOS would be the next most manual-focus-friendly full-frame solution and could even accept my old Leitz & Nikkor primes. I understand they have a few decent dedicated system lenses as well. 

I could have gone back to Nikon, but I'm not that tempted by their DSLRs (though they do contain pretty much the same sensors as I'm used to). The whole DF thing was kind of the last straw for me - if that's their idea of "pure" and going back to their roots… I still have the trusty old Nikkor primes I used to roam the globe with but, honestly, they're no longer my favorites.

If Fuji went full-frame with their mirrorless system, with good MF support as I hear they now have, Sony could be in real trouble. (Though I do like Sony's current color response & RAW support.)

Jefenator's gear list:Jefenator's gear list
Sony Alpha 7 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Canon EOS M Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow