Started 8 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Aaron801
Contributing MemberPosts: 652
Like?
Substitute for Wein Safe-Sync Hot Shoe to Hot Shoe
8 months ago

Hey there folks... I posed a question a little while ago about using an old Sunpack flash with my new (to me) GH2. That flash doesn't have a hot shoe and the camera doesn't have a jack for the cord to go into. This Wein Safe-Sync Hot Shoe to Hot Shoe was suggested as the adaptor to use... chiefly because not only does it provide a way to hook the flash to the camera but it ensures that the voltages are safe for each device. I looked up this thing recently and damn... they're pretty expensive (at about $50). It seemed like a lot for something that's basically just an adaptor.... probably as much as I'd spend for a used flash unit if I were buying one of those (not sure that my Sunpack would sell for any more). I wonder, is there any product that does the same thing but is cheaper..? (I know... Im a cheapskate).
I'll bite the bullet and buy this Wein thing if it's the only alternative, 'coz eventually I'm going to want to experiment with that old flash of mine (and on-camrea flash never looks that great to me).

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow