no point - just I hate W8

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Austinian
Senior MemberPosts: 1,033Gear list
Like?
Re: IT guy here
In reply to zodiacfml, 5 months ago

zodiacfml wrote:

If you have a good firewall, WinXP will work very well 80 to 90% of the common things to do as I do in the office. Of course, Vista is pretty bad compared to XP but Win 8/8.1 are atrocious. For example, there's no easy way permanently disable the Touch Keyboard on the taskbar. There's no simple way to disable the transparency of the taskbar. That's only talking about the taskbar.

With a good "Start Menu" replacement, Win 8.1 works just fine for me. Metro is irrelevant; I never see it. Win 8.1 looks much like Win 7 did now.

In fact, I had no idea Win 8/8.1 even had a "Touch Keyboard", much less that it was a problem. Metro doesn't exist for me unless I were to deliberately go into it.

I just don't understand the intensity and fury of the complaints about something so easily fixed for free.

Austinian's gear list:Austinian's gear list
Sony a77 II Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Sigma 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM DxO Optics Pro Standard +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow