LaMesa
Senior MemberPosts: 2,233Gear list
Like?
Re: 20mm f1.7 for Night-time Street Photography
In reply to s_grins, 5 months ago

s_grins wrote:

Conor OBrien wrote:

Conor OBrien wrote:

I will use the smaller AF square from now on and then fine tune it with manual focus assist.

I've been looking on the ebay completed listings of the 20mm f1.7 lens and it looks like the cheapest I can get it for is around £175.
--
Conor O'Brien
http://www.conorobrienart.com/

Please, do not confuse yourself and others. For your night streets shots you DO NOT FINE TUNE.

Simply pick up a contrasty brighter spot nearby your target, lock the focus, and recompose, take a shot.

Bye now

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

Why so? I have read that using manual focus for night time street photography is recommended.
--
Conor O'Brien
http://www.conorobrienart.com/

Why so? Because when you touch a manual focus and get magnification while taking night shot, you will not see anything but black or almost black screen. Why? Get a lens have your own experience.

Again, it is easy to learn and easy to get into he fingers.

Start doing something.

P.S. MF tune up is not the case with 1.7/20. MF tuneup may, or may not, be a case with long focus lenses, and do not ask me why.

-- hide signature --

Camera in bag tends to stay in bag...

Conor,

MF tuneup can be nescessary, if you want to focus correctly for a bird in the middle of branches, as an example.

Herbert

-- hide signature --
 LaMesa's gear list:LaMesa's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS5 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-150mm 1:4-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow