Trying to perform manual WB procedure need a little help please?

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Phoebe1
Regular MemberPosts: 179
Like?
Trying to perform manual WB procedure need a little help please?
6 months ago

Hi.

Have Nikon D3200. Shooting a small painting outdoors in the sun, which is behind me. Camera on tripod.

I have been instructed to use ISO 100. I am in Manual Mode. I am using lens that came with camera, 18-55.

I have Spot Metering chosen. Flash off. AF mode is AF.

I had been instructed that best f for my shot should be f/8.

Not sure if I listed all the pertinent data but here is the thing. I am trying to follow guidelines for taking a shot of the gray card. The instructions I have say to fill the viewfinder with the card.

In order to do this I am finding that I need to adjust my camera placement and focus. This is affecting the f stop number and shutter speed, is this still the correct way to do this? I read in an additional guide that the card doesn't need to be in focus to preform this procedure. Is this the case?

If I were to adjust the f stop to get the gray card shot will the WB preset I create still be accurate with different measurements? I'm thinking yes, but want to be sure.

Thank you,
P

-- hide signature --

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body. But rather to slide in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming WOW WHAT A RIDE!" - Unknown

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow