Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
davemar53
Forum MemberPosts: 50
Like?
Back focus Front focus D7100 observations
5 months ago

Have just recieved my D7100,Carried out focusing test  using A Nikon 180m 2.8 lens at F8  on both my existing D90 and the new 7100,

carried out numerous checks on both to make sure the results were not a one off.

The D90 was sharp as a tack, the 7100 was way off,just totally unacceptable  ,used Jefreys lens checking scale,it was front focussing and needed +17 on the fine tune menu to get it sharp,all my other lenses  also required  front focus adjustment.

Question,on the 7100 what does the fine adjustment do in regards the sensor i cant believe there is a physical movement of the sensor,so that leaves some form of adjustment re the algorythum or electronic signal,do you consider a +17 adjustment to be reasonable when the max is +20.

After all the earlier probs with focus on this model i would have thought problems were sorted

My serial number begins with a 7---- .

Any tips on checking focus would be appreciated.

Just to rub salt in the wound the viewfinder diopter correction is not as sharp as the D90.

Nikon D7100 Nikon D90
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow