1.4 / 58 hast just been tested on Lenstip

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
low3llSD
Regular MemberPosts: 179Gear list
Like?
Re: Why would anyone care? Of course many do
In reply to Stacey_K, 5 months ago

I'm starting to find what sites actually do tests beyond charts and starting to get real world info on photog sites than chart shooting tech sites.

Sharpness is way too overrated. The folks who have never shot with this lens or with a lens with character won't understand or probably just don't create artistic photography.

I see why sharp lenses via mtf charts are so popular. It gives the amateur photographer the "chance" to FINALLY get photos 'sharp' or 'in focus'. The forums are littered with posts as such. Which leads me to believe they've had bad technique all along till they've acquired a lens such as the Sigma 35. In the case of a 50mm f1.8g, that focal length is much easier to snap the camera to get images in focus.

The character lenses in the right hands have created some of the most stunning and fresh new photography that ive seen. In the case of the 58G, it brings back so many memoirs of that classic look of new world images. Something that the creative side in people should appreciate. It does for me anyway.

low3llSD's gear list:low3llSD's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow