Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
markymark101
Contributing MemberPosts: 966Gear list
Like?
Re: Help evaluate my oly 12mm f2
In reply to eques, 5 months ago

eques wrote:

I compared these two - F5,6 vs F8.

Though it is difficult to assess it with these downsampled pictures, the centre is nice and sharp, but the left side looks less sharp even than the right side.

Perhaps there is some decentering defect, but there also is a normal rather pronounced difference between centre and border in this lens. See here:

http://www.lenstip.com/310.4-Lens_review-Olympus_M.Zuiko_Digital_12_mm_f_2.0_ED_Image_resolution.html

This difference is rather pronounced in the leafes. But if you don't view it at 100%, the image appears to be quite sharp.

I don't see much difference between F8 and F5,6, but if you do, coud it be that the focus was on the centre and the much nearer borders are just a little out of focus? This would show more at F5,6 and might be the case in the first of the above pictures. "DOF" is just the depth of field with "acceptable" blurring.

BTW, where did you take this pictures?

Peter

Thanks for the reply. These were all taken at Zion National Park in Utah, USA.

markymark101's gear list:markymark101's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow