Convince me to jump from Nikon to Fuji

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
carlk
Forum ProPosts: 15,820Gear list
Like?
Re: I won't try to convince you...
In reply to geoson, 7 months ago

geoson wrote:

... but your concern about Fuji going "whole hog" into APS-C is one of the reasons many people are giving them a second look.

Fuji is showing a commitment to their customers' long term. Updating older models in ways no one else is considering. They've introduced good lens at a rapid rate, and in the interview have stated that they will complete their APS-C lens roster before launching a 35mm camera, if they do one at all. So if you're certain that 35mm is where you want to be, then you'll have to wait if you go to Fuji, possibly a long time. Except for low light and ultra shallow depth of field, I don't think you'll suffer from going with APS-C.

People forgot lens is always more important than camera.  Those (relatively) inexpensive and high quality fast XF prime lenses, they are the great equalizer even for low light and ultra shallow DOF situations.  People might find FF unnecessary when you need to buy much bigger and more expensive primes to match/better the aps-c counterparts.

carlk's gear list:carlk's gear list
Canon EOS 50D Canon EOS 7D Nikon D800E Fujifilm X-E1 Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
NawNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow