Problems with a7 that need firmware update

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Dustinash
Contributing MemberPosts: 592
Like?
Re: Problems with a7 that need firmware update
In reply to joao 43, 6 months ago

joao 43 wrote:

In low light specially in weddings your better off with MF. Your technique may vary but I wouldn't advise using AF at all. Being myself a wedding/event photographer I traded my D800E for the A7 and some Zeiss, Voigtlander and Leica lenses (M). It's lighter, more practical, smaller, and accurate. And the best thing, it's a great partner to my A99.

I think AF and MF is a personal, subjective thing. Not all shoot the same way. Specially those like us that make a living out of photography.

Best wishes

I have also shot with the d800 and have owned an alpha since they came out.  I totally agree manual focus is great but there are certain points in a wedding when it is insufficient to capture what is going on.

Like when the bride is walking down the aisle towards you it is very hard to keep up with manual focus and the hit rate from AF is higher.

However I do agree that it is more how I shoot and what my expectations are.  Some of the worlds best wedding photographers only use manual focus with film

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow