Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Roe1and
New MemberPosts: 18Gear list
Like?
Question. Voigtlander 42.5 f0.95 vs Canon 85mm f1.2 with speedbooster
2 months ago

I'm hoping for some input basically. At the moment I have a Sony Nex 6 with the Canon 85mm f1.2 L FD with a Zhongyi focal reducer. As soon a I can get my hands on the GH4 though, I'll be switching back to m4/3. Now I'm thinking instead of buying a focal reducer for m4/3 I might sell my Canon lens the booster and get the Voigtlander instead. Here's what I'm thinking:

- Lighter - maybe. And smaller.
- A single lens will be less awkward than a lens attached to an adapter
- The Voigt will be wider - 85mm vs 120mm of Canon w. optical reducer (85mm x 0.71 x 2) - this suits me
- The optical quality of the Voigt will probably be a bit better than the 30+ year old Canon
I'm hoping there is someone here with some experience with these setups. I'm specifically wondering about DOF. I wouldn't want to sacrifice in this area too much. Anyone?

Roe1and's gear list:Roe1and's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 Sony Alpha NEX-6 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 +6 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH4
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow