Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!

Started 6 months ago | Discussions thread
Conjure
Regular MemberPosts: 299
Like?
no reason for me to change systems
In reply to grcolts, 6 months ago

Thank you for the link!

In autumn 2011 I did a lot of researches concerning my future camera system. I played with Panasonic (GH2), Nikon (D7000), Canon (forgot the model) and Pentax (K-5). I like to travel, so full frame was no option.
I nearly went for micro43, but I was not sure, if the GH2 would be the only multi-aspect camera, that supports 3:2 aspect ratio without cropping. So I decided to go for APS-C.
I made a choice in favor of Pentax because:

1. sample photos and reviews (photozone, slrgear) of the DA 60-250 (I love this lens)
  2. dpreview’s and imaging-resource’s reviews of the K-5
  3. some reviews (Canon/Nikon/Pentax) from lenstip, e.g. D FA 100mm WR: "It’s interesting that exactly the smallest is the only weather-resistant lens here (WR)", e.g. DA 21mm: "Pentax is one of few companies which treats the smaller sensor seriously."
  4. Some features: WR, SR
  5. and last not least a stupid reason (which matches me): the exclusive appearance of the K-5 limited silver

So I started with the K-5, DA 17-70, DA*60-250, DFA 100 … and slowly expanded my equipment with flashes, some limited lenses and two new bodies:

Since then there are a lot of new interesting cameras (Fuji XT-1, Olympus OM-D, …) and lenses but since I am very happy with my gear, there is no need for me to change systems. I would rather invest my time in improving my photographic skills.

cheers

Anton

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow