Convince me to jump from Nikon to Fuji

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
rovingtim
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,231
Like?
Re: Convince me to jump from Nikon to Fuji
In reply to Astrophotographer 10, 10 months ago

Astrophotographer 10 wrote:

My point was it competes better than you would think.

In some types of photography. Not so much in others.

LCD not important if there is a decent OVF? How do you check the image you just took for critical focus in bright sunlight

Shade the (bigger) LCD?

or do you home and find out the hard way you missed?

How do you do live view focus and get it right with magnified view in bright sunlight?

Never needed to in my photography. By the way, Nikon's focus is considered very accurate.

The EVF is very good for this as well. If you are used to OVF and are suspicious of EVF (which they can be a bit annoying at times) but XT1 EVF seems to be very well received.

Yep.

With the panorama feature it makes the panorama on the spot and you can review before you leave the scene. That is a lot more useable than taking panoramas and having to stitch it later. You dismiss that as of no importance. To me that is a very valuable feature that I have used a lot to great effect.

Glad you like it.

It means also your 24mm lens can be a high rez ultra wide angle that can take images even your 14mm full frame lens cannot.

Why? (by the way, I don't own FF, though I have shot and processed shots from them)

Anyway the question was whether someone could be convinced XT1 mirrorless was a good move over D610.

My experience with XE1 and D800e was the D800e didn't get any use after I got the XE1 on a regular basis.

Perhaps their experience may be the same. Smallness and lightness is a critical aspect of these cameras yet great IQ and features.

Yep. If size and weight are critical, then mirrorless wins. Period.

AF has been lacking but it appears with both XT1 and Sony A6000 those days of weak AF performance may be finally over (reviews to confirm).

Mirrorless AF is becoming better. Still weaker than DSLR's in terms of continuous AF and low light.

The best thing is to get both in your hands and try them out and see if you like them or not.

Yep.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
NawNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow