Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,655Gear list
Like?
Re: This is business - there is a market for both
In reply to Rod McD, 10 months ago

Rod McD wrote:

Hi,

I agree that the OP's title was a tad prevocative in this forum, but OTOH why does every mirror-less development turn into pointless mirror-less versus DSLR debate? There is very clearly an existing market for both. Like NJOW, I fully expect to own both to get the advantages of both.

Because of the provocative posts, maybe? Because some think there isn't room for both, and all cameras should be mirrorless? Because of the "I would refuse to acknowledge innovation and quality if it's not retro mirrorless" posts? Because it's impressive when MILC makers are catching up with Pentax, and Pentax should "take notice"?

DSLRs may outsell mirror-less by roughly 4:1 at the moment but that's irrelevant.

It's quite relevant, as it demolishes the ridiculous idea that Pentax should go out of their way in order to copy the mirrorless product of the day.

Alex

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow