kenwklau
Regular MemberPosts: 260Gear list
Like?
Re: Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!
In reply to Gazeomon, 9 months ago

Gazeomon wrote:

Jim in Hudson wrote:

JGoodard wrote:

It is a lovely and well designed camera, though, isn't it? Could be the ultimate walk around that isn't a compact.

I wonder, can you experiment, for photography's sake, in the same way that you can with a Pentax K5+? These Pentax cameras are chock full of options and customizations. Just awesome for exploring a creative side with light outside of a controlled studio.

May not stand out so much in a crowd-but it has been fun learning photigraphy with my K5 II.

Love those ISO and shutter speed dials on the X-T1.

It won't be the ultimate walk around camera until they get a excellent walk around zoom lens. Neither X-mount or m4/3 have anything resembling the DA 18-135 WR or even the DA 17-70 (the Oly 12-50 has a terrible reputation).

According to 'Photozone' the DA 18-135 WR is a dog of a lens and a number of people confirmed that finding. Fuji zooms are high quality and there are more to come.

Don't know about the QA of Photozone's tested copy of DA 18-135 WR, but my copy is a good one and fairly sharp at the center. It is a dog at the corners when fully zoomed out at 135 mm. But then why should one care too much about the corners when taking photos at 200 mm (film equivalent) ?

Taken with DA 18-135 WR with focal length at 48 mm

Taken with DA 50mm prime at f1.8

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ken

kenwklau's gear list:kenwklau's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ35 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 Canon PowerShot G15 Pentax K-30 +2 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow