no point - just I hate W8

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
anisah
Regular MemberPosts: 249Gear list
Like?
Re: no point - just I hate W8
In reply to tom graham, 10 months ago

The problem seems to be much more deep rooted than many of us are saying in our responses. The fact is Microsoft have a track record of messing things up with their operating systems. Whenever they build a decent one that people like and use, they try to replace it with something that is totally useless to the consumer.

This problem goes back a long way. W95 worked pretty well, but the first version of W98 was pretty awful. The second version of W98 was pretty good, but WMe was about as bad as it gets (or so we thought until Vista). It always amused me somewhat, as the acronym Me is also used for Myalgic Encephalopathy, a debilitating illness sometimes called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (I know how bad it is as I suffered from it for 13 years). How apt for Windows Me, it really fitted it!

After that came WXP, which so many people still use, as it worked well and met consumer needs, even though it took 3 service packs to make it work properly. Then came Vista, worse than WMe! By this time everyone was quite sceptical of W7, but after a single service pack it works well. So now, with 2 OS working very well, what do they do, but replace them with W8, which is well summed up by most of the comments in this thread.

Truthfully, given Microsoft's record, did we really expect it to be better than it is? Maybe the next Microsoft OS is worth waiting for - given their record it should be OK.

-- hide signature --

"The only thing certain about life is uncertainty." (Rabbi Berel Wein)

anisah's gear list:anisah's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Canon EOS 40D Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II +7 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow