wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,734Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR Fuji interview
In reply to 57LowRider, 10 months ago

57LowRider wrote:

justin_time wrote:

and I thought this was important:

"Yes but it in the long run customer trust is very important. We’re a relatively new brand and we need to build trust. There was some internal debate about the X100 update, and some people within Fujifilm didn’t think we should upgrade a discontinued model but we decided to do it anyway."

Hehe, I'm not surprised that there was "internal debate" - I think everyone thought that was a kind of "seppuku". It was a bold thing to do, tactically "spratting" as the Scots say - setting a sprat to catch a mackerel; so long as that message is propagated beyond the boundary of current owners, it becomes part of Fuji's mythology. Has any company updated a discontinued anything before? I can't think of one, offhand.

Fortunately for Fuji's Customers, this decision was the type of top-down decision Fuji made from the outset when they began planning for the new X Mount camera system. There's a definite thread of similar decisions that clearly infuses just about everything there is about this product line. There are quirks to be found, as with anything that's developed by committee; and not every Customer goes along with every decision that was made along the way to the production line, but overall, it's a remarkable product that will eventually change the way many manufacturers choose to deal with their Customers.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow