Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
wyldberi
Senior MemberPosts: 2,703Gear list
Like?
Re: What I want is full mechanical lenses not fly-by-wire
In reply to justin_time, 9 months ago

justin_time wrote:

jkspepper wrote:

If Fuji are going to update their lenses, what I really do want is to have full mechanical override manual focus instead of fly by wire.. that would really kill it for Fuji in the mirrorless segment.

I disagree. Mechanical override would add size / weight. The manual fly by wire on 23mm is really good. Only problem I have with 23mm pull back focus mechanism is I cannot use AF and then instant manual refinement.

Changing a basic design decisions, such as the fly by wire lens operation design that was made before the first X Mount cameras were even sketched on the drawing board, are unlikely to happen. Amongst other things, it would introduce a schism in the product line where some lenses would work with some bodies, but not with others.

The idea of altering what happens when the manual focus rings on the 14mm & 23mm lenses are engaged via firmware update is another matter. That's a useful function many users would appreciate having added to their Fuji system equipment.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow