Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mars2033
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
XE1 On the way
7 months ago

I should be receiving soon a new X-E1 with 18-55 that I bought for $719 (seemed to be quite the deal). My plan is to put it through it's paces and make sure it will work for the next year for me. I wanted to buy the XE-2 when it came out and obviously the X-T1 impresses, however the price point was too much of an advantage. I would appreciate folks who have had the XE-1 let me know what weaknesses to try out for myself, to make sure this is the camera for me for the next year. I have a small war chest from selling my Canon gear, but the way bodies lose value in this system, makes me nervous to get the newer stuff. My plan is to use the X-E1 until after Photokina (Sept 2014) when the new Fuji body comes out (24mp? full frame?) and take advantage of the price drops on the X-E2 or XT1 and have the E1 as a backup. My ideal kit is XT1 with 16-55 f/2.8, 10-24 f/4, and 56 f/1.2. But that is a kit that does not exist at this time. I am hoping for more reviews on the 10-24 as the $699 CAD 14mm is tempting me as a bargain as well. I also plan to get the 27mm at the $200 price point.

Anyways I am new to the system so any advice for initial setup or ways to test weaknesses would be much appreciated.

Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow