Like?
Re: Interesting read by Thom Hogan
In reply to GaryW, 10 months ago

GaryW wrote:

captura wrote:

GaryW wrote:

xinn3r wrote:

GaryW wrote:

By the way, the worst problem, IMO, with using FE lenses on Nex cameras is that the "fast hybrid" AF is not supported. This would seem to me to be a serious limitation.

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

I see contradicting posts here regarding FE lenses supporting PDAF on APS-C sensors.

Anyone have a definitive answer? Does FE lenses support NEX-6 on sensor PDAF for example?

I have to admit, I read that in another thread and am not sure if it's actually true, but they claimed to have pulled the info from the Sony website. You could go to the page with the FE lens in question and see what cameras are supported, but until someone actually tries it, who knows for sure?

-- hide signature --

Gary W.

I already posted the evidence about the FE55 being fast hybrid, from a Sony site. Do you need me to look that up and post it again?

Steve

Do you mean this post?

http://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/53112178

I followed the link and I don't see anything about whether or not PDAF is supported on the Nex-6 with this lens attached.

Maybe you have another link? I can't find the recent post where someone listed all of the cameras that were supported by the FE lenses.

Gary,

Yes that's the one.

" the term "advanced electronic-optical hybridization" leaps out at me from this Sony review of the Zeiss Sonnar T* FE 55mm F1.8 ZA lens. This seems to be the Sony term for "Fast-Hybrid AF."

http://store.sony.com/sonnar-t-fe-55mm-f1.8-za-zid27-SEL55F18Z/cat-27-catid-All-Alpha-NEX-Lenses#BVRRWidgetID'

Also seen via this page, there's this about 2X Clear Image zoom which is attainable with this new lens: "Clear Image Zoom makes this prime lens into a video zoom lens; e. g., Clear Image Zoom 2X through the Sony FE 55 mm F/1.8-F/22 Carl Zeiss prime lens, takes it up to 110 mm telephoto. Thereby, this lens can take portraits with spectacular F/1.8 bokeh or close ups with exquisitely detailed F/22 razor-sharp compositions""

captura's gear list:captura's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-7 Samsung NX1000 NEX5R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +10 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
YepNew
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow