Convince me to jump from Nikon to Fuji

Started 7 months ago | Discussions thread
Michael M.
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
Re: Convince me to jump from Nikon to Fuji
In reply to Steve9, 7 months ago

As the others here have stated cant really do much convincing until we know a bit more about what you are trying to achieve with your gear. I have a significant Nikon kit that I use for my paid jobs. I depend on the flash system, the quick autofocus, and FF for lenses which is my photography style and what my customers expect. For me personally though, I never bring my heavy gear unless I specifically need it. So, I have always carried either an LX-3 or a nice V1 kit for personal walk around and travel.

With the recent price drops on the X-E1, the lure of the wonderful Fuji colors and the nice lenses were too much to resist. I am of course keeping my Nikon DSLRs for my other work, but for personal stuff the Fujifilm gear is a nice step back into what got me into photography years and years ago. The manual dials, the slower pace, and the lens line-up are great for keeping us attached to the image we are creating. Check out the X-E1 with the nice 18-55 lens, and keep your two kits until you are sure that the Fuji will work the way you need for your photography needs.

Michael M.'s gear list:Michael M.'s gear list
Nikon D70 Nikon D2H Nikon D200 Nikon D300 Nikon D700 +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
NawNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow