*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.15 ***

Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
Hen3ry
Senior MemberPosts: 9,745Gear list
Like?
Ms DOY with the G6 and 12-35
In reply to Wormsmeat, 8 months ago

I visited the Duke of York Islands (colloquially known as DOY) near Rabaul for a few days this week and took all sorts of pictures -- some of them even quite useful. This is Pauline, the daughter of a friend, a bit given to badinage and laughter.

Taken with the G6 and f2.8 12-35 @ 35. I'm still learning to handle the combination. With the performance at 35, though, I think that lovely jewel, the Oly f1.8 45mm, is going to get significantly less work than it did in the past when I was shooting with the E-PL3 with the Panny 14 as my basic lens.

The G6 JPEG set to "standard" has a little less red in it than the Oly JPEG -- which I think might be to the good. The Oly images were very nice, but sometimes …

I have whitened Pauline's eyes, added a tooth(!) and run the image through Topaz Adjust, Portrait Venice, adjusting saturation down just a little. This is pretty much my standard treatment for the portraits of Island girls I have shown here for a little while. The saturation adjustment was quite a bit less for Pauline, taken with the G6, than it has been in earlier shots taken with the E-PL3.

Oh, and I have also cropped a little to get something like the 45mm FOV.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
WawyNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow