*** This Week Through YOUR m4/3 2014.02.15 ***

Started Feb 15, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Hen3ry
Hen3ry Forum Pro • Posts: 15,559
Ms DOY with the G6 and 12-35

I visited the Duke of York Islands (colloquially known as DOY) near Rabaul for a few days this week and took all sorts of pictures -- some of them even quite useful. This is Pauline, the daughter of a friend, a bit given to badinage and laughter.

Taken with the G6 and f2.8 12-35 @ 35. I'm still learning to handle the combination. With the performance at 35, though, I think that lovely jewel, the Oly f1.8 45mm, is going to get significantly less work than it did in the past when I was shooting with the E-PL3 with the Panny 14 as my basic lens.

The G6 JPEG set to "standard" has a little less red in it than the Oly JPEG -- which I think might be to the good. The Oly images were very nice, but sometimes …

I have whitened Pauline's eyes, added a tooth(!) and run the image through Topaz Adjust, Portrait Venice, adjusting saturation down just a little. This is pretty much my standard treatment for the portraits of Island girls I have shown here for a little while. The saturation adjustment was quite a bit less for Pauline, taken with the G6, than it has been in earlier shots taken with the E-PL3.

Oh, and I have also cropped a little to get something like the 45mm FOV.

Cheers, geoff

-- hide signature --

Geoffrey Heard
Down and out in Rabaul in the South Pacific
http://pngtimetraveller.blogspot.com/2011/10/return-to-karai-komana_31.html

Hen3ry's gear list:Hen3ry's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
NCV
NCV
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
yyr
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow