Started 8 months ago | Discussions thread
bigpigbig
Senior MemberPosts: 1,639Gear list
Like?
Re: DPR Fuji interview
In reply to Georg Ucksche, 8 months ago

Georg Ucksche wrote:

Clayton1985 wrote:

IMO, the success that we're seeing with some of the latest cameras like the Sony A7r, Olympus E-M1 and the X-T1 will force Canon and Nikon to respond. More than ever before these cameras are being bought not only as a supplement to DSLRs but as complete replacements.

Nice idea. But I am not sure how big the success will be really in the end. What camera do costumers (globally) buy more: A EOS 5dIII, 6d, 700d, a Nikon d610, Df, d7100, or an A7(r), X-T1, X-E2, etc...?

In Europe and the US, mirrorless have a market share of 10%.

That is very (!!!!) little, seen the number of manufacturers (Sony, Oly, Fuji, Panasonic) and compared to the fact the the rest (90%) is mainly Canon and Nikon.

I agree that Canon and Nikon show themselves clueless about how the future of cameras should be. They continue to offer a solution that is basically 50y ears old - an SLR. No sign of innovation since many years.

I hope that Fujis' efforts pay off in the sense that innovation - in the long run - will end up convincing the market more than stagnation.

Canon and NIkon realls offer little more than stand- still.

This is just not even close to true.

Have you used a D4 or D800e? These two cameras offer innovation beyond dreams from 10 years ago. The AF and IQ are stunning in "Very Low Light" and "Close to MF resolution". For people who know how to use them, they are close to perfect. So much so that they could be the last 35mm DSLRs anyone could need. Improvements have gotten incrementally smaller as they are reaching a limit.

The ONLY thing Fuji has going for it is size and weight. If Fuji X cameras were FF and had lenses the same size and weight of CaNikon they'd be out of business. Fuji knows this.

Don't get me wrong, the Fuji X cams are great and the X-T1 will be even better. Fuji glass is as good as any and better than most. But coming from a retro design and saying CaNikon have not innovated is absurd.

bigpigbig's gear list:bigpigbig's gear list
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D810 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow