Convince me to jump from Nikon to Fuji

Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
nicholo89
Forum MemberPosts: 95Gear list
Like?
Re: Convince me to jump from Nikon to Fuji
In reply to Steve9, 10 months ago

Get a D700, unless you "really" need the resolution for whatever purposes you may have. Even till now, the d700 is still highly regarded by many people. You are quite heavily invested in the Nikon ecosystem. Switching ALWAYS incurs a financial loss especially if you bought your equipment brand new. If you want to switch simply because of how Nikon has treated the dust/oil leak issue, than it seems more personal than logical. They ticked you off, you want out.

I love the Fuji system. But it is not full frame. People will give an abundance of arguments for and against full frame, and it is up to you how heavily you weigh the arguments. In my experience though, in IQ alone the Xpro 1 beat my D700. How the lenses affect the IQ will have to be a different discussion.

I have the x pro 1, and I am keeping it despite having bought an M240. Predictability, amazing high iso performance and autofocus is what is making me keep it. It's also quite light. Not to mention the ridiculous sharpness of many of the X lenses.

-- hide signature --
 nicholo89's gear list:nicholo89's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Leica M Typ 240 Carl Zeiss C Sonnar T* 1,5/50 ZM Voigtlander 35mm F1.4 Nokton Voigtlander 50mm F1.1 Nokton +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
NawNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow