Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
Alex Sarbu
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,655Gear list
Like?
Re: Comparing apples to pinenuts AFAIC
In reply to grcolts, 10 months ago

grcolts wrote:

newmikey wrote:

My post was an observation and a question, nothing more and nothing less. Cheers.

No, your post was unnecessary and baseless guesswork, based on vapor. It is like saying that because a Kwasaki motorcycle has been released with certain advanced characteristics, car manufacturers will lose sales in future.

What exactly was your observation in your original post, beyond "Fuji is doing some innovative things I wish Pentax/Ricoh would start to do too"? That's not an observation, that's just flamebait.

As to your question, the answer is a resounding "NO". If Pentax loses sales, there could be a gazillion reasons but the one you pointed out would be about the most unlikely one.

Beyond that, the whole brand-thing is getting old around here. You get a camera that does what you need from a brand that provides those options. You stick around for a bit because you have invested in lenses. At any future date you might find the feature-set you need in another brand which is equally desirable and you get into that.

Fuji and Pentax are 2 such brands, they both try to use a common manufacturing base in China, Vietnam, Thailand and Malaysia with identical or very similar components to create shareholder value. Whether one or the other makes money and stays in business or not is about as important as which brand coffeemachine you have in your kitchen.

-- hide signature --

I am not going to argue with you. Life is too short. Here is the link again to the Fuji for those people interested in learning about cameras, in this case a WR body with some very nice features. It is not a Pentax, it is a Fuji. You don't have to buy it but you don't have to trash others you enjoy new technology, whether Pentax or not. That is my conclusion to your suggestion that I flame baited this forum. That is my opinion and you do not have to agree but you don't have to be rude either.

This forum is split into sections so we could learn about each brand separately. Indeed, it's a Fuji and we have a "Fuji X system" section for it.

Posting in the Pentax SLR Talk with a title like "Fuji XT-1- Pentax Take Notice!"... well, it's not the worst it could happen but it's not a good idea either. Even more so since some of us are Pentaxians because Pentax is not Fuji (or Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony...)

Alex

Nuff said.

GR

Alex Sarbu's gear list:Alex Sarbu's gear list
Pentax K20D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA* 60-250mm F4.0 ED (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Pentax smc DA 70mm F2.4 AL Limited +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow