Started 10 months ago | Discussions thread
xtoph
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,601Gear list
Like?
Re: threesome
In reply to TroiD, 10 months ago

TroiD wrote:

xtoph wrote:

xtoph: I've been looking at this one for a while. Really trying to grasp what's happining in this scene. As I can't reach a satisfactory conclusion... I've decided to ask you for an interpretation.

What was it you were seeing?

From my point of view there seems to be some contradictions: From what I can see of beast mode's face... she looks to be happy and smiling. The two in the center don't seem so joyous. Rather they look like they're trying to comfort each other, as if something was devastating one or both of them. There's part of somebody on the right of the frame, but I can't decide if he's part of the story or just passing by. Can you help me out? What was happening here?

well, i don't know if i will be able to help all that much. i thought the combination of the figures embracing with the number '3' was kind of funny, with shades of third-wheel-ness also provided by the beast mode person. i don't particularly think they were unhappy. perhaps an awkward goodbye/goodnight. in street photography generally (distinct from documentary), i am not so sure the 'real' story matters that much to the photo, so if you are inclined to make something up, be my guest.

i included the figures on the edges because i like figures on edges… as you might notice in other shots i've posted… and because it is a very different feel, having them alone, vs seeing that there are lots of other people about. they are always part of some story or other, and if it isn't the same one as the central figures, so much the better as far as i am concerned.

(the number and color indicate the seahawks starting quarterback, fwiw.)

so does any of that help, or is it even less satisfying now?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
drumNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow