ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
XA4
XA4
Forum MemberPosts: 81Gear list
Like?
X-E2 vs X-E1 OOC jpeg
10 months ago

Since I just bought a X-E2, I decided to do some BW OOC jpeg comparissons before selling my X-E1 (I'm not sure yet if i'll be selling it).

Values were the same for both camera's:

XF 35mm @ f3.6
1/60
ISO 3200
DR200
Film simulation: B
WB: Thungsten
DR -2
HTone 0
STone 0
Sharp 0

Here are some of the differences that I notice:

• The X-E2 jpeg shows a bit more contrast. looks a little punchier.
  • The X-E1 shadows show more detail (see the black ear).
  • X-E2 jpeg seems to have a bit less noise (or the NR on the X-E2 is a little bit stronger at NR-2?) The grey area above the right eye looks more pleasing on the X-E2 jpeg to me.
  • X-E1 jpeg is larger (+/- 5200KB)  than X-E2 jpeg (+/- 5000KB).

100% crop

Setting STone to -1 on the X-E2 brings a bit more detail to the black ear, but overall the grays in the X-E2 jpeg start to look a lot lighter than those in the X-E1 jpeg.

100% crop

On first sight, the pictures look the same, but the litter box on the bottom left is darker on the X-E2 jpeg than on the X-E1 jpeg. On the X-E2 jpeg, the litter box looks darker than it really is.

I understand why some might like the OOC X-E1 jpegs more than the OOC X-E2 jpegs.
I won't say that I like one more than the other. Both camera's give pleasing results. To me they just look different. And if a jpeg doesn't look good to you, you can still process the raw file.

XA4's gear list:XA4's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Sony RX100 Ricoh GR Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +2 more
Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow