FZ35 vs. FZ200

Started 5 months ago | Discussions thread
Rodger1943
Senior MemberPosts: 3,235Gear list
Like?
Re: FZ35 vs. FZ200
In reply to Theo in SWPA, 5 months ago

Hi Theo, the FZ200 will give you a bit more zoom and I think better images at higher ISO levels, but I don't think you'll get any increase in image quality. It will be similar. I base this on the fact that I have the FZ200 and the FZ18, and I'd say the image quality is on a par, except with the high ISO's where the FZ200 is definitely better. The FZ200 has lots of other advantages. For starters, its much faster at everything, faster shutter response, faster focus, faster burst modes and a faster lens. Far superior viewfinder, flexible LCD screen and better video, that doesn't black out first when you press the red button. You can extend the optical zoom by reducing the picture size. The results are still very good. I frequently use mine at 5 and 3 mp. The 3mp size gives the equivalent of about 47x. Still not enough sometimes, but in most cases gets you a good shot. If you were just using the FZ35 for landscapes, then I wouldn't bother with upgrading, as those sorts of shots don't require faster responses and at wide angle you can get F2.8 out of your camera the same as the FZ200, however for birds and other wildlife, the FZ200 will get you shots when the FZ35 won't.

-- hide signature --

Panasonic FZ200

Rodger1943's gear list:Rodger1943's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow